Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Missing you

Does missing someone ever get easier?  I guess if you look at it in terms of technology missing someone has gotten easier.  Helpful tools like phones, skype, and facebook help keep us in constant contact with the ones we love.
When you are so used to seeing that person in your life however and now they are away it can be hard.  I'm not talking about a little weekend trip away from each other.  I'm talking about gone for a month or maybe even six.
What is it in us that keeps us going?  What gives us that drive to get up in the morning and not sulk and be depressed that you don't get to see the person you love everyday like you did before they left.  Life keeps moving on and if you stop and don't keep living then you are missing out on a beautiful life.
I thank God everyday that I have another day on earth with the ones I love.  Sure I have my bad days, my really bad days, and my extremely amazing days but something in me keeps me wanting more.  I want to do great things in my life and have many experiences. 
Being able to talk to the person you love while they are gone is a great way to still feel like they are near.  Missing someone in my opinion never gets easier even with the help of technology.  Until I see the person I love in front of me the 'missing you blues' won't go away.

Peace, grace & love
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment