Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthday: Year 23

So not too long ago I celebrated my 23rd year of life.  This year I was supposed to spend it alone.  Here is the back story for all of you who don't know.
The parentals & myself.

So for the past few years now I have been just doing the dinner with friends and family for my birthday because let's be honest its just another day.  So I started noticing that with every year I celebrated fewer and fewer people were joining me for my birthday dinner.  My mom missed a few due to taking cruises with my grandma during my birthday, and I haven't celebrated with my brother for the longest time due to us going to different colleges and living far away from each other.  It got to the point that last year it was just my dad and I celebrating year 22 of life together.  Don't get me wrong we had a nice time and went to a nice restaurant but its just kind of nice to spend your birthday with more than 1 person.

When this year rolled around I told everyone that I had to celebrate my birthday alone because every year prior people were dropping like flies.  They all laughed and agreed that this year would be different and that I would be celebrating with many people.

They were absolutely correct!  So what did I do for my birthday you ask.  I had told my parents that I wanted to go to dinner with my friends and with them as well of course!  I told them that we could go anywhere it just had to be somewhere I had never been.  Suggestions were taken and reservations were made and we were on our way to the mystery restaurant.

My mom told me in that excited mom voice, 'you're going to have soo much fun!' I don't know about you but when my mom uses that voice I tend to get nervous.  It means that it would be fun for here but for me, who knows.  We wound up at a Greek restaurant called Taverna Yamas.  I have to admit I was a little leary as we were walking up to the doors of the restaurant.  The music was pumping and the floor was littered with napkins.
It turned out to be one of the best birthdays.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time there at the restaurant and the entertainment was great.  How often do you get to break a plate in a restaurant on your birthday???

So I guess I owe my mom a thanks for a great birthday!  Thanks mom love you! :)

Peace, grace & love,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment