Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Black nail polish was a phase, I'm moving on

So not too long ago I joined the band wagon of wearing black nail polish.  Who would have thought that I would be wearing black nail polish?  Not my mom thats for sure.  I remember randomly one day asking my mom if she ever thought her daughter would wear black nail polish and she answered with a firm 'NO'.
I started back in 2007 wearing black nail polish.  I remember going to Walgreens with my friend Melissa and buying a bottle of black nail polish and a bottle of white nail polish.  I thought ya I'll give this a whirl.  At first I hated it because I thought it made me look even whiter that I already am, if that is possible.  However, after wearing it constantly it grew on me and for the longest time it was the only color I wore on my nails. 
I wore the black nail polish not too long ago and my boyfriend kept making comments of his hatred of the black on my nails, so I figure it's probably over stayed its welcome.  I have since moved on to brighter and bolder colors.  I have bought several nail polishes from Forever XXI.  I would absolutely recommend their polishes.  They have lots of colors to choose from, they are cheap ($2.80), and they dry fast.  Essie is a great line that also dries fast and has tons of unique colors which are often featured in magazines.  Usually Essie is $8 but I found it recently at Walmart for $7.75.
I know I said the black was a phase, but I saw this really neat nail polish that I will probably buy and its made by O.P.I..  It is a black crackle finish.  If anything I just want to try it, it looks interesting.

I'll keep you posted on the crackle finish black.


Peace, grace, & love
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment